Happy Memorial Day Weekend from your friends at Slomin’s! Memorial Day marks the unofficial opening of summer and one thing we all know is that the temperature is about to heat up!
As a longtime innovator of affordable air conditioning here at Slomin’s, we would like to offer some tips to help say cool this holiday weekend and the rest of the summer – while not heating up your electric bill!
1. Set your thermostat to the temperature you are most comfortable with. The difference between the outside and inside temperature, if small, can help reduce your overall bill. Try not and set the inside temperature that low.
2. If you have a programmable thermostat, set it at higher temperature when you are not home and lower it only when you are home.
3. Do not set the thermostat colder than normal when first turning on the central air system. Some think it will cool faster, but actually it will only cause excessive work and a higher bill.
4. Schedule regular maintenance visits. Nobody understands the importance of prompt and reliable service better than Slomin’s. Our technicians are expertly trained to service all brands of cooling equipment.
5. Keep appliances like lamps, TVs, and computers away from the thermostat if possible. This can cause the thermostat to continue to run in an effort to cool your house down.
6. Try to keep heat from coming into your house. Seal cracks and openings so that warm air doesn’t leak into your home.
Looking to cool down your home while being both cost and energy efficient? Slomin’s competitive prices and variety of payment plans which include up to three years of free financing, make Slomin’s central air conditioning the best value around.
Schedule a visit today or call 1-800-252-7663.