5 signs it's time for a new air conditioner
Replacing your HVAC system is a big decision. It’s one of the largest expenses any homeowner faces. You plan to extend the life of your old air conditioner with repairs to delay replacement. Not sure if your air conditioner really needs to be replaced? Consider the following questions to decide when to invest in a replacement air conditioner.
1. How old is your air conditioner? Air conditioners usually last for around 15 years. Once your system reaches about 10 years old, it’s probably time to look into a replacement model.
2. Does the system use R22 Freon? R22 Freon is being phased out by the federal government and only recycled R22 refrigerant will be available to Central Air technicians to service these systems. If your air conditioner is older than 10 years, it probably uses R22 Freon and should be replaced.
3. How often have you repaired your air conditioner? You can expect routine repairs now and then but an air conditioner that requires multiple repairs over a couple of years is probably ready for a major system failure. Don’t waste money on an air conditioner that’s at the end of its life. The next repair bill will be better spent toward a new air conditioner.
4. What are the expected costs to repair the system? If your air conditioner needs repairs now, consider the cost. If the repair bill would be around half of the cost of a new system, spend your money upgrading to an energy efficient model instead of repairs.
5. Do you notice rising cooling costs? Air conditioners today are much more efficient than they were just 10 years ago. In fact, replacing a 10-year-old model with a new energy efficient air conditioner can save you 20-40% on your cooling costs, according to the Department of Energy. With an older unit, energy costs are only going to get higher as the system ages.
Avoid discomfort and save money
As your air conditioner ages, it will become less reliable, more expensive to operate, and eventually fail unexpectedly. Contact Slomin’s Air Conditioning today to request a free estimate on residential HVAC system replacement to enjoy years of worry-free and reliable air conditioning.
Slomin's customer reviews
Jesus was spectacular. Very polite, very personable and got the job done easily and quickly. I would highly recommend him for a technician! A+
Although we waited until late in the day for the service to begin we were happy with the results. The service men were polite, sociable, efficient and performed their duties very well.
Timely services and very diligent technician.
The technician was professional and very knowledgeable of the work that needed to be done.
Fast and efficient. Very nice
Excellent service snd the 2 guys were amazing. I was so impressed. They went above 5 stars. 10 stars
Prompt arrival by technician, masked throughout installation, clean and detailed work.
Clean courteous and polite installer. Explained everything. Very informative
Nassim was excellent. He did a great job and explained everything.