Can customer referral credits be transferred to a different account?
What happens when I submit a payment that’s more than the monthly amount to My Account?
- Apply the remaining credit to your next invoice.
- Request the credit be refunded to you.
Can I change my billing date?
How do I pay my bill? What forms of payment do you accept?
How long does a cooling installation take?
How long does a heating installation take?
How much will I be charged for a service call?
Where can I find a copy of my alarm system owner’s manual?
- Visit MYA.slomins.com and log into your account.
- Select the "Account Overview" tab.
- Tap "Security Account" > "System Troubleshooting".
- At the top of the page, select the red icon next to "View your system's Owner's Manual for a complete guide to your equipment".
- View/download a PDF copy of your manual.
How can I test my alarm?
I have a pet, can I use the motion detector?
I have a dog. Why do I need an alarm system?
Why is my smoke detector beeping/chirping?
What if I move?
- Bring your system equipment into your new home and continue the same service. If you are not capable of installing the system in your new home, we'll send over a trained technician to do it for you at a minimal fee.
- Leave your system behind for the new homeowners. Slomin’s will install a brand new system and continue the agreement to monitor the system.
- Transfer your current agreement over to the new homeowner, then install a brand new system and new agreement to your next place for free. *Please be advised that additional required fees may vary depending on location.
I didn’t know I signed up for a 5-year contract. Now what?
How long does an installation take?
Who do I call if I need assistance with my alarm system?
My keypad display says “low battery”. What should I do?
- Your house does not have power, or recently lost power. In cases like this, your system will continue to operate on battery back up until it runs out. Once power is restored in the home, the battery will recharge automatically and restore your system once finished. *Please allow a 24-hour period for the battery to fully recharge.
- The system transformer is unplugged. Check to see that your alarm panel transformer is securely plugged in. If not, plug it back in.
- Faulty power source. If the alarm panel transformer is plugged in, check to see if there's any power coming from the outlet itself by plugging in another appliance and see if it works. If not, check the appropriate circuit breaker that the outlet is connected to. If your breaker is functioning - schedule a service call from a Slomin’s technician. If your breaker if not functioning - you’ll need to call an electrician.
- Your battery needs to be replaced. Replacement batteries can be purchased from Slomin's for $25 and mailed to you with installation instructions. You can also request a service call and have one of our technicians replace it. (If you choose this option, you'll be charged for time and materials.) Finally, you can call for the battery’s specifications and purchase a replacement from a retail store.